What Toxins Are You Hydrating With?

November 4th, 2014, in Living ToxicFree®, Education, Health Risks

It’s the body’s most important nutrient. We’ve been told to drink 8-10 glasses of water daily. But, what if the water we are drinking is full of toxic chemicals like pesticides, herbicides, chlorine, lead, rust and pharmaceutical drugs?

Water is the universal solvent – it picks up whatever it is exposed to. No one in America should drink unfiltered tap water. But even bottled water is made of plastics containing BPA that seeps into our water, even at room temperature.

Our bodies absorb chemicals and chlorine from water. I thought about this for the first time when my child’s swim teacher asked me if I thought her recent full-time position as a swim teacher could have something to do with her sudden health problems. She was experiencing dizziness, shortness of breath, digestive issues, headaches, insomnia and fatigue. Guess what – when she stopped doing the chlorinated pools her health improved and she went back to her normal self.

Perhaps there is something to the studies that prove our body absorbs chemicals. According to the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Quality Engineering, a published study in the American Journal of Public Health, 29-46 percent of water pollutant exposure occurs through the skin in children, and 50 to 70 percent in adults.

What toxic additives pollute the water you and your family drink, cook with and bathe in? It could be anything from pesticides to someone else’s pharmaceutical drugs.

Protect your family’s health by considering a filter that protects you from over 80,000 different chemicals including pesticides, herbicides, pharmaceuticals, lead, rust, silt, chlorine, chloramine and fluoride.

You will taste the difference. If you aren’t ready for a whole house filter yet, consider an under-the-sink filter for your drinking water initially.

And remember, “If you do not have a filter, then you are one.”

Share!